At Hestia Care, we understand that our staff is core to the delivery of service and in turn, the achievement of our goal to provide residents with a home that is comfortable and enjoyable!
In line with this, we expect our staff to deliver on certain core values that are connected with the concept of ‘Hestia’.
- Hospitality – staff are expected to understand that we are providing a service to our residents that is more than just 24 hour care. We want to offer the highest standards of living we can and cater to their every need.
- Engagement – it is imperative that our staff involve themselves and participate in the resident’s everyday lives. This extends beyond just care and involves the development of relationships to provide positive interaction and friendship in their later years of life.
- Support – our residents need both physical and psychological support. Their families need emotional support. Staff teams need to support their managers and their teams. Being supportive is obviously a key attribute.
- Trust – treating the residents with respect and integrity is a significant requirement of our business. We trust our staff to behave in a manner that befits this objective.
- Initiative – although there are constant sources of information and experience available, we would like staff to go beyond the call of duty in certain circumstances and act in the best interests of the residents, the home and themselves.
- Accountability – in line with the sensitivity of our services, we want staff who are prepared to be responsible for their actions and are aware of their own duty of care towards residents.
Social Care Commitment
At Hestia Care, we have many different roles that contribute to the effective running of the home. A few are listed below:
Registered General Nurse (RGN) – involves assessing, evaluating, planning and providing nursing care to residents with varying needs. This key role often involves leading a multi-disciplined shift team and ensuring all care-related documentation is completed in line with company standards.
Care Team Leader – involves supervising and supporting care assistants in their role to ensure quality care service delivery. The role also includes supporting the trained nurses in the day-to-day running of a shift.
Care Assistant – involves providing physical and emotional support to residents, enabling them to maintain independence. Carers work as part of a team to sustain a positive and stable environment where the welfare of our residents comes first.
Head Chef – involves overall responsibility for all on-site kitchen activities, preparing a balanced and nutritious menu whilst supervising kitchen staff, minimizing wastage & maintaining an hygienic environment.
Kitchen Assistant – involves assisting the chefs in preparation of the menu meals to the required standard and helping to keep the kitchen environment hygienic.
Domestic – involves working as part of a team to ensure that the care home is kept to high standards of cleanliness and hygiene, whilst maintaining a safe environment.
Laundry – involves being aware of all the laundry needs of the residents and ensuring that they all enjoy clean and well-maintained laundry.
Maintenance – involves working with managers to ensure that the building and it’s fixtures, fittings and equipment are regularly inspected and maintained to a suitable standard and in line with health and safety regulations.
Gardener – involves the upkeep of the gardens around the care home
All administration jobs are controlled by the Hestia Care head office and will be advertised as and when they arise. Please feel free to enquire about such positions via the website.
Marlborough House – Night & Day Health Care Assistants,& Housekeepers & RN’s.
Berehill House Care Home – Health Care Assistants, Night Health Care Assistant,& Night Team Leader
Mount Hermon – Health Care Assistant
Wessex Lodge – Health Care Assistants, Night Health Care Assistants, & RN’s.
Employee benefits package also offered.
Please contact us via the enquiry form if you would like more information.